Create a Facebook Fundraiser page on your own Facebook page in just a few quick minutes, to help Beacon of Hope reach its full #GivingTuesday potential of $50,000.
If you don't need to read the #Giving Tuesday background information again, go directly to "Create a fundraiser for a nonprofit"
#GivingTuesday is a global giving movement built by individuals and communities in the US and in countries around the world. On #GivingTuesday, millions of people come together to support and champion the causes they believe in by donating and fundraising on their behalf.
Gates Foundation #GivingTuesday on Facebook Matching Donation
This year #GivingTuesday falls on November 28th. In celebration, Facebook and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation are partnering once again on a national campaign to support nonprofits.
On #GivingTuesday, Facebook and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will be matching up to $2 million of funds raised on Facebook for US nonprofits.
Donations to nonprofits made through Facebook’s charitable giving tools on November 28th will be matched up to $50,000 per nonprofit or $1,000 per fundraiser or donate button, until the $2 million in matching funds run out. The match will begin at 8AM EST (5AM PST).
Create a fundraiser for a nonprofit
- Visit Facebook.com/fundraisers,
- Click “Raise Money,” and select Beacon of Hope for your fundraiser.
- For the #Giving Tuesday fundraiser select $1000 for "How much money do you want to raise?"
- Set the end date for your fundraiser.
Write a Post:
- Tag your favorite nonprofit or
- Add “#donate” to your post. You’ll see a prompt to add a donate button after you post.
- Tap “Live” at the top of your News Feed on mobile
- Click “Add Donate Button” from the menu.
Click & Donate
- Click the Donate button
- Select or type the amount to donate.