Idudi Parents Primary School and Orphanage
As of February 2023, Beacon of Hope is sponsoring children directly in Uganda. Idudi Parents Primary school has been a pilot school for our Smart Choices AIDS Prevention, Gospel Presentation and Discipleship training. We are currently sponsoring these kids directly through Beacon of Hope but it is our hope and desire to be able to move all of these kids over to the Horizon International because they have more than 20years experience at managing child sponsorships in five African countries.
Many of the children to whom we teach the Smart Choices program are actually AIDS orphans. When we started in 2004, we quickly saw a need to help these children. Instead of reinventing the wheel, Beacon of Hope partnered with Horizon International to help provide for the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of these children.
In South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, or Ethiopia
Bringing hope and the love of Jesus to the African youth by educating, discipling, and assisting their communities in becoming self-sustainable.
Teaching at-risk children how:
- HIV is transmitted
- To care for those who have contracted it
- To make Smart Choices in life to avoid contracting and transmitting it themselves
Promoting Judeo-Christian values with the Smart Choices program
- Abstinence before marriage
- Faithfulness to one partner in marriage
- Established as 501(c)(3) in 2007
- Operating in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, and Uganda*
- Completed training of 216,000 students*
- Focused on equipping local leadership and financial accountability
*As of June 2022