Caring for AIDS Orphans
Many of the children to whom we teach the Smart Choices program are actually AIDS orphans. When we started in 2004, we quickly saw a need to help these children. Instead of reinventing the wheel, Beacon of Hope partnered with Horizon International to help provide for the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of these children.
SUPPORT AN ORPHAN
Bringing hope and the love of Jesus to the African youth by educating, discipling, and assisting their communities in becoming self-sustainable.
Teaching at-risk children how:
- HIV is transmitted
- To care for those who have contracted it
- To make Smart Choices in life to avoid contracting and transmitting it themselves
Promoting Judeo-Christian values with the Smart Choices program
- Abstinence before marriage
- Faithfulness to one partner in marriage
- Established as 501(c)(3) in 2007
- Operating in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, and Uganda*
- Completed training of 216,000 students*
- Focused on equipping local leadership and financial accountability
*As of June 2022